Cuadro de texto: Brief history

 A NEW BULDING

 

Now the main goal was to find a place to build the school. The land was donated by Legorburu sisters and after signing the documents for Mercedes Obispado, in a simple ceremony, on June 20th, 1961 the new building at 1010 Villamayor was set up with the blessing and the foundation stone.

The economics resources for the building came from funds collected in the countryside and in the city.

On March 19th  1962,  the primary school was opened with the first three classrooms and staff. In this place the teacher training college students could perform  the teaching practise to become teachers.

In 1965, the first group of National Normal Teachers graduated. A year later a commercial oriented teaching was added to the secondary school.

With giant steps, during the next ten years it was necessary to build more and more due to the growing academic offer and the increase of the scholastic population. The green areas were filled with concrete, classrooms, yards, the big gymnasium, the hall, the secretary’s office and more…

On April 1st 1975 the N°44 Teaching training college was created and started its activities in another sector and with this purpose classrooms, gymnasiums and yards were built. On march 14st 1977 the Technical School (ENET N°1) was founded and started working in classrooms and workshops built for that purpose.

One of his last Works in the institution was the building of the sports-centre, including an Olympic swimming pool and a big meeting room surrounded by a lot of old trees and a beautiful atmosphere.

After the father’s death, the first part of the kindergarten’s project was built in donated land. Today, thanks to the community help, its General Uses Room (SUM) is about to open.

THE MURALS  - “Crucifixion” y “Apocalipsis”

As St. John’s gospel, Antonio Berni’s paintings will be object of continuous reading and thinking by teachers and students to understand their symbols and to discover their clues.

The signs of the times that have come to the new millennium and the clues of a history always new and always coming back.

And as in the Bible, Jesus Christ, the children’s friend and the wise men’s teacher, will open “the scroll with seven seals” to allow the reading of the message that Berni’s work wanted to transmit to the contemporary world.

THE CHAPEL

In 1976 when the school building was finished, the institution authorities decided to build a chapel as a place for religious worship to pray and teach the catholic doctrine.

It has an octagonal design leading to a central altar. Huge windows cover four of its sides, two other sides are one for the entrance and the other for the Priest’s private place, and the two left have Berni’s murals.

There is a bell tower and a porch at the front and a flowery garden where Father Hipólito Pordomingo’s graveyard is placed.

Antonio Berni y sus muralesPreparativos para colocar los muralesPreparativos para colocar los muralesPreparativos para colocar los muralesCasona de B. Mitre 164Patio en B. Mitre 164Aula en B. Mitre 164

Front of the old house at  164 Bartolomé Mitre street where the school started.

Pupils from first course rising the flag in a small playground.

One of the two classrooms in the building.

Colocación de Piedra FundamentalConstrucción de las tres primeras aulasPrimera promoción de Maestros Normales Nacionales

Foundation stone.

The first three classrooms are built.

First stage finished.

First National Normal Teachers.

Construcción del Gimnasio

Gymnasium is built.

Technical School is built.

The rest of the classrooms are built.

ISFDyT N°44 is built.

Construcción Edificio Nivel Inicial

“Hipólito Pordomingo” Kindergarten is built.

Construcción SUM Nivel Inicial

Kindergarten SUM is built.

Sports-centre.

La Capilla hoySan Luis Gonzaga

San Luis Gonzaga.

Construcción Capilla

Our Chapel, yesterday and today...

(1981) Preparations to place murals.

Comienzos del nuevo edificioEdificio para la ENETResto de las aulas terminadasEdificio para el ISFDyT 44Predio PolideportivoPadre Hipólito Pordomingo

(1931-1985) Hipólito Pordomingo,  was born in Mones Cazón, Buenos Aires Province, on November 18th. He was the son of José María Pordomingo and María Cristina Bajo, the third of four siblings. He felt his priest vocation since he was 11 years old. His intellectual behaviour let him achieve important educational goals. Our institution is the current proof of this.

Pupils from first course rising the flag in a small playground.

One of the two classrooms in the building.

THE FIRST STEPS

On May 21st, 1959, Our beloved father Hipólito Pordomingo arrived in Gral. Las Heras, he had never imagined that he was starting a huge Project that would continue after his death…

His relationship with ordinary people of the town, encouraged him to create a secondary school in the area.

Thus, one afternoon he mode the petition to the higher council of Catholic Education . Without having thought the name, he looked at the calendar and it was June 21st, 1960, that date San Luis Gonzaga, the youth protector, was celebrated. Then it had a name.

Accepted the petition, at 164 Bartolomé Mitre street house, on march 13th, 1961 at 7:10 the school bell rang for the first time, and 40 students started classes.